Kensie and Michael Forever

Kensie and Michael Forever

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Educator of My Children


I recently began working as a High School Math Teacher at a High School near to where we live here in Mansfield. The kids who I teach have been thoroughly failed by the system. By the time they reach me in High School they are at best several years behind schedule in terms of Math knowledge and skills and will likely never recover. I only mention this fact on this blog because we have decided to home school our kids and although she hasn't had any formal training (i.e. has not received a degree in Elementary Education), I can't think of anyone I would rather have teaching my children. Noah, Alyna, and all of my future children are lucky to have such a wonderful woman as their teacher (and Mother).

1 comment:

Sam said...

Michael- good post. As I contemplate of job with a major US manufacturing company, I'm so flipping scared of the public education that my kids may receive in places like Reed City, MI or Hannibal, MO. I was home schooled for one year in elementary school and it was so great. Good for Kensie- hope the home schooling goes well. We may be joining you.